AbiWord on OLPC
AbiWord on OLPC Roadmap
Write up an initial requirements document that includes a) requirements to conform to Red Hat's "Sugar" design memes b) technical requirements for it to work on the OLPC and c) requirements based on the user research I've been doing
Get the OLPC emulator and system image running on my laptop
Start drawing sketches and mockups
Get AbiWord compiling from HEAD, and do some basic UI modifications
Apply changes sent to me for Brazil article.
Interview american teachers about how their kids use computers
Find kids to do usability with. Talk to people about Mansfield computer town camp.
- It should be usable by young children
- It should be usable by children who have not yet developed strong written language skills
- It should help children develop those skills
- It should be fun and engaging for young children
- As children grow up, it should support their new, more adult goals
Will these be deployed entirely through public schools? And if so, will that mean many poor kids won't have access?
How will wiki pages be integrated? Does it make sense to have AbiWord on the OLPC given the wiki focus?
This page was last updated August 15, 2006 at 7:29pm.